This non-profit website provides information on sulfites contained in bottled water. The purpose of this website is to allow sulfite allergy suffers to share information on how to avoid this allergen in bottle water.
An Introduction To Sulfites In Bottled Water
Sulfites are present in almost every kind of bottle water. You should pay attention to how much sulfite you consume by drinking bottle water—sulfites are unhealthy! Some people have allergic reactions to these sulfites, including skin itchiness, swelling, redness, and watery eyes. The symptoms and severity of the reaction vary amongst people.
The concentration of sulfite in bottled water can vary significantly within a brand. Knowing the average concentration is not enough if you are very sensitive to sulfites.
The government specified a Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) of 250 parts per million (ppm). However, I have experienced severe allergic reaction after drinking a 16 fl oz bottle of water that is rated at 46 ppm. Strong warning should be put on the label of any bottle that contains more than 40 ppm of sulfite.
You will find in the website (scroll down to access the following):
- A list of the more popular brands of bottled water and the concentration of sulfite.
- Suggested actions that you can take to help other allergy sufferers.
- Sample letters that you can write to water bottlers and to regulators to request more disclosure and better quality control.
- Feedback from visitors to this site.
We need your help!!!
This website is nonprofit and we do not accept any funding or advertising from anyone. However, we do need your help to expand our database. Please share with us your knowledge about sulfite additives in bottled water so that others can benefit from your experience. Please send all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Actions You Can Take- Click Here:|
|Sulfite By Brands|
Copyright 2007, S. Tang, All Rights Reserved